Monday, May 4, 2015

Yes, a couple more FAQ's

1) Is my family okay with me being on my own so much now?

Not really, but it's the way things have progressed. I would have not thought it would be quite like this, yet it has worked out so well for John and I. We are both driven, and motivated, ultra people. We both want this crossing equally, and have figured out how to use our individual strengths to make it happen. I help with motel reservations, get him dinner sometimes when he has a late day, and pick up supplies for him at times. His pace is strong and consistent, but it can get him in towns late sometimes. That's where I can help out. He, in turn, knows the turns, detours, terrain, routes, and other misc important bits of knowledge. Together, we make a good team.
I know I said I felt "safe". Yet, I know it's a false sense.....no one is really safe out here. I have accepted the risks, acknowledge them, and do my best to make good decisions. My family puts their faith in me that I will be as safe as possible.

2) What is the biggest difference between the panhandle of Texas and Oklahoma?

The size of the shoulder!! Texas: a car width, sweet! Oklahoma: about 2-3 feet. Whomp, whomp.

3) Did those ground hogs really video me running with my cart (Instagram)?

It took 4 of them to hold my iPhone still,  so it would turn out. Thank you, guys! You did a great job!!

4) Weight management update, please.

My biggest fear seeing David yesterday, was what he was going to say about my weight. I've been trying hard to eat and eat! My usual day goes something like this:
Morning: I move well in the cool, early hours. I've eaten a good breakfast, and am usually rested. I may not eat as much , while on the road, because I feel good and comfortable.
Mid-Day: I do eat to replace my reserves, because I'm getting hungry, and it rejuvenates me.
Early Afternoon: It's getting warm/hot out. The wind is blowing hard, usually.This decreases my appetite, I'm moving along, and want to keep going to make forward progress. I do eat, though.
Around 4-5 pm: I may getting closer to my final destination, and start looking forward to a possible decent dinner at a Cafe! I eat some, but really am ready to stop and relax.
So this brings me to the evening. I'm relaxed, and happy, to be at my destination, and want to shower! And I'm hungry, and ready for regular food. I eat all evening!

In summary, David 's report was that I was doing okay. I'll take that! He did bring me all my favorite foods!! I loved it all!! Thank you, Sweetie!!

Happy Monday! Gotta go eat something,
Cyndi


No comments: