Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day 37 Starts

Thank you, David, for granting us a relaxing time at the Spring Hill Suites! I loved every minute of it! I even ended up taking a second shower later in the day.....just because.
John made it there around 8 pm. We decided to leave at 4:30 in the am, and get down the road before rain gets us. At 4:30am, I am in the lobby ready. No John. No response to my texts. I start down the road. After about 5 miles, he calls me. He overslept. No problem, I know he needs the rest! He suggests we go 27 miles to Pond Creek today, and stop. More afternoon weather excitement is predicted. I like that idea, because I know after that, we can have two 42ish mile days. (Better than a 53 today, and 55 tomorrow in this weather). So tomorrow, will will get to Poncha City. And Saturday, head to Pawhuska. Motels are available, and miles are more doable with all the storms and bad weather in Oklahoma.
Even though there may be some possible bad weather on our way to Pond Creek, I'm taking my time and unwinding from the last two days. No hurry today. Not until I hear thunder!!
The wind is not as crazy.....yet. It's most likely to pick up. This is tornado season. I think it's always tornado season here.
We will stay at the TLC Farmers Motel tonight. Back to the usual! And then I booked us in the Double N Motel in Poncha City the next night. Beware looking at them on the internet. Not for the faint of heart. But it's shelter. And the price is nice, too!
Me and my new short haircut are gingerly moving down the road. Im listening to Ambrosia on Pandora. I want to enjoy it for awhile today! There's a cafe in Pond Creek I may try? It's been days since I've found a quesadilla. I'll settle for a hamburger, though! It was great being in a regular city yesterday. Very nice.
Relishing in my "past the half way"' point today!!
Happy Thursday,
Cyndi

2 comments:

Texmexjack said...

I am VERY glad to hear you are ok!

Unknown said...

You're doing awesome! I hope you find your quesadilla <3