Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 53/Night 53 - LONG Day

It ended up being a 60 mile day today. I made it to Marion! I got to see so much of Kentucky! Most of these small towns are pristine, while others are questionable. I went through one town, Burna, which I would swear has the most "horders " of any town yet. Garage after garage, after front yard, after sheds........ALL full of stuff. Is it trash? Is it junk? Is there no garbage collection? It was so odd! One home had its front door open, and the house was full of stuff, oozing out to the porch, and all over the front yard!

Due to the small shoulder, with a bonus rubble line to boot, it was a day of on and off the road, the shoulder, to the grass. It's my back that hurts the most, pushing the cart off and on the road. I had the highest number of people stop to "check" on me. "Are you okay?"  "It's not safe out here." "Be careful!" The police were super nice to me today. The offered me water, and said to let them know if I needed anything. That was a nice change.

The weather was a perfect temperature, and there were plenty of things to see along the way here. I was so happy when I got to Marion. I was ready to rest. There was not a town with a motel between here and Paducah! I'm staying at the Royal Inn, along twith many biker (motorcycle) folks. It's party party outside my door! I think I'm so tired, I can sleep right through it.

Hygiene Report:
Showered! Check. So nice. The couple that runs the motel are washing my running clothes. They needed it SO bad. I didn't have to unload much from my cart really, as I'm keeping it simple tonight. Just the basics.

Tomorrow, I will head to Morganfield. It will be just over 30 miles, so I think I will not leave too early in the morning. I'm hoping, since it's a Sunday, the traffic will be lite. John is back in the outskirts of Paducah. I'm looking to "wait" on him when the rain arrives. He moves well in the rain. Me, not so much. So that should work out well. Rain looks to arrive tomorrow night.

Going to keep this short tonight, and head to bed. Nighty night.

I'll see you tomorrow,
Cyndi

No comments: