Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day and Night 47 in Mountain View, MO

As the day went on, things improved in multiple ways. I was able to eat more readily. The rain stopped for the afternoon. I could enjoy what Missouri has to offer in regards to the beauty, rather than looking down at my feet while rain is blowing at me. I enjoy looking around, and felt like I could stand up straight and enjoy my day once the rain settled down. It makes such a huge difference.....physically and mentally.
The day flew by once I felt better, changed my shoes and socks, and the weather improved. As I came into Mountain View, there was a Walmart on my left. I needed a few things, so I went in and gathered them. I continue down the highway, and just before my motel is a Taco Bell. This was my chance at a quesadilla, and I thought I would try to see if I could tolerate it. Turns out it was perfect! Just the right amount, and was exactly what I needed. Now I'm really happy! I continue down the highway to the Honeysuckle Inn. OMGoodness....cutest motel so far! Well kept, lovely place. I'm so excited I get to stay here! Things just keep getting better and better today.
I check in, and am told they only have second floor rooms available. I ask for 1st floor when I reserve rooms, but that doesn't always happen. Okay, so I empty most of my cart, one load at a time, up to my room. Then I back my cart up the stairs, one stair at a time. Since it rained so much today, I really needed to take it out anyway. So all's well. I get to enjoy the motel for a little while today. I even find a Big Bang Theory show on. Jackpot! I get things ready for tomorrow, and decide to clean myself up. I'm feeling better all the time today, and very glad.
Hygiene Report:
Since there are no laundry facilities available, I wash my clothes in the shower with me. After two days of rain/road ick on me, it was a much needed washing. I'm happy they are clean!! I put lots of lotion on my dry skin. Skin that I'm going to be embarrassed to reveal to my routine 6 month dermatologist appt. I have a history of some skin cancer issues, and I can see the look on her face already. I'm sorry ahead of time, Dr Lund. I can't believe I have done this to my skin, either. But there are prices to pay out here. Priorities change, life is not the same as it once was. I hope with time it will all heal, and re-growth of skin will occur in place of the damage. Sunscreen helps, but cannot deter the "ball of fire" day-in and day-out. If there's a good thing about the rain, it's usually that the sun is not as harsh that day. My feet. Oh geez, the rain, constant dampness, literal wetness at times, has taken a toll on my feet. I do everything I can to keep my feet happy. I can sum it up by saying they are as good as they can be, under these circumstances.
Tomorrow, we have a longer milage day to Van Buren, Mo. We will be staying at the Hawthorne Motel. I know it's one-story, so that's nice. Other than that, it's a toss up. It's always fun to see what these places are really like. You can't trust the reviews.....good or bad.
Hope your work week starts off well!
Cyndi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The sun is shining for the first time in what seems like weeks, in Mansfield! Hope you have a great day and that the weather is kind to you!