Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Day 35 - Possibly of rain

Good Morning! The breeze this morning feels delicious! I'm at the Cafe waiting for John, as we will discuss the next few days miles and locations. I will put a updated regarding it a little later on, so if your following on the map, you can have a idea of our twists and turns through Oklahoma. I'm going to get on the road as quick as possible to try and avoid the afternoon rain. With upcoming rain, it made me think about the three vehicles that stopped yesterday, on my way here, to offer me a ride to town. One lady, in a mini van, had a dachshund around her neck. It's almost as if she had a dog stoll. The dog just sat there, as it was obviously it's place while she drove. Another guy who stopped appeared very concerned that I might be "in need of help". He asked three times......just to make sure. I really appreciated his concern. What was ironic is that David had left that morning......and of all days to have multiple "ride offers", it would be that day.
The motel last night was really nice. I wish they were all like that! Today is a short day. After yesterday 's (approx 45-48 miles), today's 32 will be nice. I'm hoping to move quickly this morning, but will depend on the weather and terrain. Both can change so quickly! Even though it seems most days are similar, they are quite different.
The news this morning had the information about "Garland, Texas attack". I bet I was the only one here in town who knew where Garland is, much less grew up in it!!
I'll update after awhile about further routing and locations.

Have a great day!!
Cyndi

No comments: