Sunday, May 24, 2015

Day 54 - Recovery Time

As I make my way to Morganfield, I can feel the stress and tiredness of my weary body. I need to give it a break, and cruise in today at a comfortable, slower pace.  I'm enjoying the comfortable weather, the peaceful country side, and the quiet roads. I need days like this to just enjoy being out here. Being in the moment. This is what I love the most.
Yesterday, I stopped at a farmer's market and got some fresh strawberries. I ate them right out of the container, no washing, no cutting them up. By far the freshest strawberries I've had in a long time!  When I arrived in Marion last night, I stopped in their little downtown area and ate at the Marion cafĂ©. I had a fresh hamburger, with turnip greens as my side item. It was just what I needed. I am eating very well. No problems there. Besides the people, the food is amazing, most everywhere I go. I seem to be in barbecue country. David would really like that!
As I enjoy my day today, I put behind me the last two days of high mileage, and good traveling considering. Kentucky is very unique, the rolling hills are different than what I've had before.  Missouri had harder ups and downs. Kentucky's hills are kinder to me. Some of them are tough, don't get me wrong, but I'm enjoying the rolling type of environment.
The sky is blue, the breeze is sweet, and I'm in no hurry. I know the rain there in the Dallas area, and surrounding areas, has been very hard on everyone. I'm thinking about you guys!

As I continue to move down the road, my favorite thing is how the horses run over to the fence to greet me. They are so friendly! And it appears I'm in Amish territory again. The benefit of that is that the people are used to going around horse and carriage's. So maybe they won't mind me being out here too much today.

The couple at the Royal Inn treated me like family. When I told them goodbye this morning, I had a lump in my throat. It's so wonderful to feel so welcomed.

I'll be holding a good thought for blue skies for everyone there.

More later,
Cyndi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Farm fresh strawberries.....that's a treat for sure!!

I often think of the places you are stopping to eat.....would they be a place you would stop if traveling via car? Same thing with the lodging......makes me think I better not judge a book by its cover!