Sunday, May 31, 2015

Day 61 - Winchester, hopefully

I left my motel, happily. The people were so nice, but the motel was awful. I put my head on the pillow, and it smelled foul. I used a towel from the bathroom, to place over it to get to sleep. I awoke before my alarm, and was ready to get up and leave. Its purpose had been served. Laundry, some rest, and shower. I did not want to stay there any longer than need be. I still needed to get across Frankfort, anyway, to get out of town.
The sun eventually came up, and I always feel a little more comfortable when it's light outside. The traffic is indeed, light. I'm enjoying the miles and miles of green pastures, many horses on grand, elaborate ranches. There are dark clouds blowing by, with only threats of rain. It may rain at some point, but that remains to be determined. And that may determine how far I go today. My goal is Winchester. I'm hoping to stop for lunch in Lexington. This is such a great area of Kentucky! Rolling, beautiful countryside.
I went by Keeneland Race Course coming into Lexington. So cool!!! The stone fence around it is amazing. The whole thing is a sight to see. The airport is across the highway, and planes are flying low and landing, just right above me. Lots to see!!
Have a good Sunday, and we'll see where the day ends up.
Cyndi

No comments: