Monday, May 4, 2015

Day 34 - Arnett to Seiling, OK

I still can't believe I'm in Oklahoma. David was here, and now he is heading back home. And I'm heading down the road. We both agreed that Oklahoma is more beautiful than we realized. We haven't been to OK very often.
I had the most wonderful, sweet, and relaxing time with David. I miss him so much. My day to day life is so different without him. I have to surpress my emotions about it all, so that I'm able to stay focused and not let my emotions take over. It's part of my mental strategy - not intentional - but necessary, to help me cope. Being alone, and doing this without him each day, is very new to me. I've adjusted as best as I can.
I know he needs to get back home to handle the things at the house, the dogs, work, and life in general. He's doing it all so I can pursue my dream of crossing the U.S. I really appreciate his - and everyone 's - support!! It's what fuels my soul, allows me to stay focused, and only worry about my daily needs. David will be driving up again next Sunday, along with my sweet daughter, Lauren. They will meet me , wherever I might be then, to share a meal for Mother's Day. Not sure where, but I look forward to being with my family on that special day. And then after that, I may not see them til Virginia Beach. Which will be a celebration in itself!!
And this coming Saturday, my sister, Sheryl, and her husband, Gene, are coming out so that Sheryl can spend Saturday out on the road with me. How fun!!!!! Once again, not sure where I'll be exactly, but we will live the "life" out here for the day.
Since this may be the area where I'm closest to home, I'm enjoying the visits. After I get toward Kentucky, the miles are just too far to come for the amount of time I can spend with anyone.
It's Monday, and back to work for most everyone. I wish everybody a wonderful, and productive day.
I'm heading toward Vici, and then will move onto Seiling. It will take me most of the day, but I'll get there!
Onward,
Cyndi

I forgot to mention the Circle C motel from last night. It's something I'm used to. But David probably had a little harder time letting himself relax in this unusual environment. It's a different lifestyle, socioeconomic environment. I blend in fairly well. Then again, this has been my life for over a month. For example, they left our motel door open, the key is in the microwave, and no one is around that runs the place. Very laid back. There's even a Bird Cleaning Room here. Just a different way of life. I like it.

No comments: