Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 47 - Feeling better

I was all ready for a colonoscopy today, after a night on the potty. I slept like a baby in between the many times my colon woke me up. This was not a surprise after my day of nausea yesterday. I still don't know the root cause, as there are too many variables. I am feeling better today, and I'm grateful for that. I'm still eating bland foods, no "real" meals yet. For lunch, I just had some cereal (from the motel's breakfast), and that settled nicely. It was raisin bran, and was perfect. I've tried to run a few times today, but my stomach cramps, and tells me "no". It's okay, I'll fast walk while my body gets better.
John and I both started the day later than usual. He told me we were averaging 40 miles a day thus far. He's doing well, and made it into Cabool by around 11 pm. We are making our way to Mountain View today. It started out rough due to more rain with headwind. But about a hour ago, it subsided. For now. My feet were sloshing around in my shoes. I took the time in Willow Springs to 'exit', and make the small trek up to the conv store there. I sat down and changed my shoes and socks. I had a audience of two men watching every detail. They, too, like many folks, have seen us on US 60 for days. These people drive this highway for work, up and down to different towns. They asked questions the whole time. They stared at my prune-y toes. My feet looked like they had been in water the last few days. I guess they have! As I pulled a sock off, they watched me dry my feet, re-band aid hot spots. Fascinating, I suppose. I do it so routinely, that its natural. To me, that is.
With dry shoes and socks, I head down the exit ramp back to US60,  disregarding the "Wrong Way" signs I'm so familiar with.
My goals today are to (maybe) eat a regular meal tonight. I'd like to wash my 2 day dirty clothes. Splashed by road debris for two days makes them a little dicey. I just didn't feel up to washing them in the shower last night. (There were no laundry facilities there). I didn't mind, I just wanted to rest anyway.
I'm not in a hurry today getting to Mountain View. Just enjoying the break from the rain is a relief. Our plans are to stay at the Honeysuckle Inn tonight. More rain is predicted for tomorrow. We'll go 43 miles to Van Buren tomorrow. Then Popular Bluff the next day. We are getting close to the 2/3 completion mark. John and I are hanging in there. His determination and resolve inspires me.
I'd like to thank you all for your concern regarding my health. I feel the love and concern. Thank you.
I'm going to get past this. It may take a couple days, but I can still make forward progress. Our bodies are amazing machines.
I'll let you know how the Honeysuckle Inn turns out!
Cyndi

No comments: