Monday, May 25, 2015

Serious and Silly FAQ's

1) What do I do with my cart when I go in a convenient store, Walmart, or other type of store?
If it's a convenience store, I park it just outside the door, by the window, so I can still see it from the inside. If it's in a part of town that I'm leary about, I will usually just not stop. 
At a Walmart, I will take it inside to the Customer Service Area, and explain what I'm doing. They are always very nice about watching it for me.
At a Dollar Store, or other type of local grocery store, I take it inside, and ask a check-out clerk to let me leave it there. Everyone is always nice about keeping an eye on it for me! 
2) What has been the most common roadkill?
Armadillo's!
They are huge, disgusting, and smell bad when they are dead. Who doesn't, right? There were hundreds of them at the later part of Oklahoma, and in Missouri, the whole time. But I've not seen one in Kentucky. 
3) How are my fingers doing?
They are healed, all scabs off, and swelling is down. So glad!
4) What is the most common coin I've seen on US60?
Quarters, and I picked them up every time. Laundry money! 
5) When do I apply sunscreen each day? 
Usually, right around 9 am daily. I can "feel" the sun, and it reminds me. On rainy days, I usually don't need to. Although I probably should, anyway. 
6) Favorite State so far?
Missouri! Beautiful, and they have the best shoulders. Awesome job, MDOT! (Worst shoulders? Kentucky, hands down. Hard to enjoy it all when I'm having to watch and focus so hard on not getting hit). 
7) How do I get my cart "rain-ready"?
My bag for my camping items (sleeping bag, bivy sack), my clothes bag, and electronics, my extra shoes) all go in plastic garbage bags. I position them in my cart so that when it gets drenched, hopefully things stay relatively dry. I've had varying success, as it depends on the amount of rain, blowing wind/rain, hours in rain. Everything is damp anyway. I do the best I can. Rain creates more work all the way around. 
8) What is my most common eaten food, and one I always have a back up of? 
Peanut Butter. And I can't be particular of the brand. I take what I can get. 
9) How many miles have I gone as of today?
2177 miles!!! That's an average of 39.6 miles per day. Average. It will continue to vary depending on terrain, weather, etc. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Peanut butter.....and fruit, tea and quesadillas!!

2177 - just incredible!! Not only that average of 39.6 miles per day, but also that you have made it that far in 25 days and are in state #6. Awesome - incredible - those words are barely describe it!!

Who would have ever thought when you started on April 1st that you would have such a wet/humid trip! Makes you wonder if/when things will ever completely dry out! Do you have bug spray/lotion - I am guessing once the rain really stops/slows....that will be needed!

Texmexjack said...

You are amazing!