Saturday, May 23, 2015

Night 52, Day 53 - Destination Unknown

Today, will be interesting. I have yet to decide where I will end up. I usually always know - or at least have a good idea. In this area of Kentucky, off US60, there are small towns, but very few motels. My next opportunity for a motel is in Marion. 52 miles. I usually don't do 50-something mile days back to back, but I might again today. If I'm not up to it, and weather permitting, I will camp at around 40 miles in Salem. David has scoped me out a few options with coverage overhead - in case of rain. John is unsure how far he will go, as it depends on how he's feeling. We are trying to decide how we will meet up again. We will in the next day or two somewhere.
I will stay on US60. It curves around, goes up, and I get to cross the Tennessee River today! Most supplies, services and hotels are off of the interstate, here in Kentucky. It's interesting how each state places it's availability of services, like that. Some states are easier than others. My cell service here is more scarce between towns, and I've mentioned the small shoulders. Challenges come with the territory out on the road. Sometimes things are easy and smooth, and then they get harder and more complex.
I have food and drink ready, and look forward to today. It really is a day where I do not know where I may end up. Exciting and scary. I look forward to seeing more of Kentucky, as it's beautiful, rolling, countryside is so green.

I spent last night in a Super 8 in Paducah. These Super 8 motels are so much nicer than they used to be. They are now owned by Wyndham, and are standardized. It's a great price for a good place to stay. Even though it doesn't look like it from the outside!!

Hygiene Report:
I showered last night. That felt so good after my long day. My feet feel the miles. They are begging for a break. I'm so happy my fingers are healing nicely. I washed some of my clothes in the shower, and that will do for now.
I called the one motel in Marion last night. I told them I'm going to try and get there today. He's holding a room for me just in case I can make it.

Let's see what happens today! It's truly an adventure.

Have a great Saturday!
Cyndi

No comments: