Saturday, May 30, 2015

Day 60 Begins

I have so much good news, I just have to put down all my thoughts down into words. Last night, after I ate my quesadilla (and my brownie) at Qdoba, I went back to my Residence Inn room, and curled up on the couch to watch a little TV. It felt so good. I had stocked up on my supplies earlier in the day at Walmart, I had lots of fruit, and a grand dinner. My clothes are clean, and I'm clean and safe. About that time, David FaceTime 'd me. It's always great seeing him, as well as talking to him. He had our catahoula, Daisy,  with him. I was happy to see her! She's my running partner, and I miss her. We talked, and caught up on the day. It had been a good Friday.
Afterwards, I decided to go get a cup of coffee from the office. They have it there 24/7 AND they have decaf. AND they have dark choc hot choc mix. I mix the two items, for a fabulous ending to my evening.
I want to stay up longer, but I know better. 42 miles tomorrow means I need rest and sleep. I look at the weather one more time. Possible rain all day. Okay, I'll wrap everything up tight. It's better than storms!
I awaken on Day 60, excited it's actually been 60 days. And....I'm 3/4 way done. How awesome. I look outside, and it's dry. Hummm. I look at the weather - and it's changed. Partly cloudy, not nec rain. How grand!! I'm not going to wrap up any of my stuff. I'm just not. I did get new rice for the bags my electronic devices would hide in - if need be. I did a quick inventory, and started discarding "extras" in my cart. I carry less and less all the time. I'm bubbling inside thinking about my milage left. 700 ish.
Continuing with good things, Louisville has many sidewalks and bike lanes. My exit out of town has been smooth due to that, and the fact it's Saturday.....less morning traffic. No rain, and I'm able to enjoy again. Those "hard" days in a row can wear on me, but then a series of beautiful days happen. The bad days fade. And my cleaning out of my cart has made it noticeably lighter. And even though I don't need anything yet, there are plenty of gas stations/conv stores around.
So as you can tell, I'm happy to report all these great things. This is when I'm so happy that I'm outside doing this. I can finally look around Kentucky, and appreciate the nature, and the beauty it has to offer.
Interestingly enough, I went to put on my other pair of Altra shoes today, because it may not rain, and noticed a nail in one of them. Glad I'm not doing this barefoot.
I'm heading to Frankfort. I'm in no hurry, and want to enjoy my day. I hope you do the same.
Cyndi

No comments: