Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day 32 - en route to Canadian

Yes, at 5:30, my laundry was "delivered " back to me at my motel room. He brought it back folded, and making sure that he wasn't supposed to dry it. I assured him that was fine, and thanked him again. He asked me to "let my running partner know, when he made it in town, that they will come and do his laundry, as well. No matter what the time of day",  he says. They do laundry 24/7. I said, "Will do!". And I would definitely tell John about this!
John did roll into Pampa about 6:15. He had texted me he was at the edge of town, and I gave instructions to him about where our motel was. When I figured he was close, I walked backwards down the highway a short bit, and came upon him. The first thing I did was tell him about the "laundry " option. He, too, wondered how I would have let my only running clothes "out of my site", but I told him I just trusted the process. He decided he would, too.
So John checked in the motel, called "the lady", who sent her husband back over to John. Everyone was thankful! We all appreciated each other, and what the other had to offer. It all worked out nicely.
I will remember this, as this family, will do whatever it takes, for 1.50. Of course, John and I both, (as probably does most people), pay more than that. This family was genuine, in trying to make money for their family. They do a great job, and looking back, their customer service was exceptional. It was just a matter of trusting people.
Now, with my clean running clothes, I will make my way to Canadian. I'll pass through Miami along the way. It will be close to 48 miles. It puts me one day closer to seeing David! He arrives tomorrow afternoon.......somewhere along U.S. 60 around Arnett, OK.

Did you know I'll be half way across the U.S. around Enid, OK? OMGOODNESS!

Enjoy your Saturday,
Cyndi

No comments: