Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 40 Continued

It was a perfect ending to a day that started out a bit "bumpy". After the rain, then thunderstorms this morning, I arrived in Bartlesville to a clearing sky. There was even blue in the sky. It was refreshing, relieving, and rejuvenating. After I changed clothes and socks, it almost seemed as if it were a new day. My trip to Nowata was tedious due to - basically - no shoulder. Cars were mad, I was off and on the side of the road. I'll move past that part, to the part about Lauren and David arriving! I couldn't wait to hug them both. It's so good to see them. It takes me a bit to adjust from my "road life", back to being who I really am. But in no time, I'm feeling like myself. It's such a hard phenomenon to explain. It happens each time I see any of my family. I'm a bit stunned at first, and need time to make the transition.
We are all hungry, and go to the Mexican food place in Nowata, close by my motel. We talk, catch up, and a meal together. It's so nice, I don't want it to end. We decide to go to the dollar store, so that I can get a replacement pair of reader/glasses. Lost mine somewhere along the way today!
Afterwards, I know they really need to get back. It's such a short visit, compared to the LONG drive. This was my Mother's Day treat, and I really appreciated it so much. So so much. I couldn't help but cry when they about to leave. It's so hard saying goodbye. The sacrifice that comes with this type of trek, (for us all) is sometimes overwhelming.
I loved every minute with David and Lauren. They just called, and said its crazy raining and storming on their way home. I feel so bad about that. The sacrifice is so great. I just want them to make it home safe.
I'm trying to get myself ready for tomorrow now. I had to take things out of my cart, making sure things can dry. We will head to Vinita tomorrow, and that's a relatively short day. My Maps app tells me it's 27.8 miles. John wants to start late, so we may get started around 6:30 am? Not a bad mileage day......he did mention something about 53 miles the next day?!
Hygiene Report:
I'm showered, and my cart is cleaned out. Things are drying all around the motel room. I happen to find this motel room unsatisfactory. (Can't wait to get out of it). I've seemed to have had quite a few nasty ones lately. David and Lauren were probably thrilled not to have to stay here. I don't blame them one bit. I was able to wash a load of laundry, and that is a wonderful thing since I had a bag of wet clothes from this morning! I had my rain jacket on, but everything besides my shirt was soaked. I had wore my old, original shoes on today, knowing it was going to be "bad". I threw them away in Bartlesville.......it was time for them to go! Now I can put my new ones back on since it will be sunny tomorrow. Yay! I cut my fingernails, did some housekeeping with my cart (discarding things I don't use), making sure things are back in "their spots". Cleaning my little house.
I've got lots of new food David brought me. I also have a gallon of tea from Mcallister's he got me. Yes, I drank some of it tonight, and I will put it in my cart and carry it tomorrow. It's that good.
It's time for me to call it a night!
I hope you have a great Monday! I'm looking forward to seeing the sun tomorrow.
Cyndi

Side note: David brought me a bag of rice to put in a Baggie, so that each time it rains, I can put my Spot satellite device - and my phone - in there with it. It will absorb the moisture, and help both of those devices to remain optimal - and operational. I look forward to that. The interruption all this moisture causes is something I may be able to resolve!

No comments: