Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Night 7 - Out of the desert

Good morning! We made it into Parker, Arizona last night, and it was worth the extra miles to get to a motel. I felt like I needed to put my whole cart, supplies and all, into a huge washing machine!! I was in luck, because the motel had a washer and dryer (one) for customers. I was so excited, got all my dirty stuff together, and took it to the washer. Surprise! It was being used. Whoop whomp. Back to my room, and it would be another clothes washing in the shower tonight. That's okay! I get it done pretty quick. So I've got all clean clothes this morning. Yay!!!!
The time in the desert was wonderful. The beauty of it is constant. Seeing the sunrise and sunset each day, sleeping under the stars, and the quiet of it is priceless. We will get to do this again coming up. But today, we will begin from Parker, and start moving across Arizona. 
The way into Parker last night was a bit precarious. The shoulder was about 6 inches, and there was a thousand 18-wheelers going by. I'm sure everyone of them thought I was crazy. Even I thought I was crazy. 

The motel was wonderful. I slept well! Now it's time to start my day. 

Thanks again for all your kind words and support. It warms my heart. 

Hygiene Report: 
I, of course, showered for about an hour. My fingernails are now clean again. Teeth brushed (in a sink), and clothes washed in the shower with me. All's well. Who could ask for more?!

Gotta run,
Cyndi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it - "showered for an hour"!!!
Glad you and your stuff were able to get freshened up.....and you got a refreshing nights sleep!
Take care....love ya and miss ya....I'm with you in spirit as I run and as I watch your progress throughout the day!