Thursday, April 2, 2015

Night 1 Update

Last night was interesting! I got to camp out in a baseball field at a local high school. It was my first time to test out my sleeping bag, bivy sack, and tarp. Everything was going wonderfully, until about 2 AM when the sprinklers came on. That's when things went bad. Okay, so I learned a lot of lessons last night. Be mindful of camping near sprinklers. A wet sleeping bag can be very cold. And lastly, pick your unofficial campsite more carefully.
I will do better tonight about that. And won't have to air dry my sleeping bag all day tomorrow, again.....hopefully.
I will keep you informed of how that goes.

Happy Thursday!
Cyndi

Hygiene Update: still no shower. Except for the sprinklers last night.

4 comments:

Texmexjack said...

Oh my!

Anonymous said...

That's too funny!!! I look forward to your updates! I wouldn't have thought about sprinklers either!!!

Unknown said...

Just have to ask hygiene question...no shower = same clothes?? Lol...just kidding!!
Sorry to hear about the sprinkler lesson learned....sounds cold! But I bet as it gets hot, those sprinklers may be welcome relief?!?
Thinking of you as you finish day two and prepare for night two...<3 <3

Unknown said...

WOOO #teamgraves!