Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 27 / Night 27 - I'm still alive?

Okay, now THAT was a day of rain! Driving rain straight on. Head wind, then add cold. Are you wondering: is she asking herself "why" yet? Nope. I'm still in. All in.
It was a short (35 mile) day, but with the cold rain and wind, I was whooped again. I could not help but think about ALL those beautiful days in a row. This was going to happen eventually. And it did.

Enough of the whining now. I'm in Friona. It's a lovely little town! The Friona Inn is BY FAR the nicest motel I've stayed at so far. For 48.00 a night, it's a deal!! Many of the motels have been nice. Maybe I'm a little partial too, because I needed this tonight.
Bonus? Grocery store across the street, DQ next door.......sweet!!
Here's a recap of today:
GOOD:
Short mileage day (35)
Cart was rain-ready
My rain suit is amazing
Had food ready for the day - with easy access
No sunscreen necessary today
I'm in Texas now!!!!
The motel is AWESOME
About to eat some dinner
Easy terrain - rolling
Lots of stores and food nearby (and open!)
Ready for tomorrow

NOT SO GOOD:
Cold rain
Driving rain
Headwind
High of 46 degrees
Wet socks/shoes

So I thought about all this today, and realize the GOOD outweighs everything else. So I'm happy!

Tomorrow's agenda?
After two rough days, the plan will be to only go 22 miles to Hereford - and REST!!! How cool is that?!?!? So excited!! Life is good.

Hygiene Report:
Hot, hot, hot shower. I feel so clean, and so does my cart. It got a good "rain" wash today. I wiped it down real good and it's sparkling! Everything is out of it air drying - just to make sure things aren't damp, and getting gross somewhere. I bought a bottle of lotion at the store across the street, and put about 6 layers on me. Feeling and smelling much better! My feet survived, too.

Thanks for everyone's concern today. It was not a pleasant experience. Actually, a bit shocking. I hear it's still raining around there, too? April showers are all around us.
I hope your Monday was warm and dry. I don't think I will ever complain - in any way - about a sunny day again. They are magical! And I appreciate them.

Let's try this again tomorrow!
Cyndi




No comments: