Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 3 - Calmness sets in

It's going to be okay. More than okay - wonderfully okay! Today brought mountains, blue skies, and perfect weather. I really enjoyed everything about today. Ran this morning, fixed a flat, ran/walked, and now finishing up walking about 6 more miles. Another 35 miles today. We will start increasing it over the next few days.
I think there's a Super 8 motel in my future tonight! That means.....shower! So excited!
So we went thru the pass today....between the mountains, if you will. Redlands to many towns I don't remember, then made it through over to the beautiful town of Beaumont. We will end up in Banning soon. Our route today ran alongside RR tracks for much of the way. Got to see a lot of trains up close! I tried to decifer the graffiti on many RR cars....there are some talented spray painters out there!!
My very favorite thing about California is all the bike lanes. The bikes have their very own lane much of the time. So jealous. I'd move here just for that reason.
Traveling on foot also allows for picking oranges off the trees - only a arms length away! Amazing! (Is that legal?)
Tomorrow brings more adventure. Through paths, trails and into fields of turbines! Can't wait!

Thanks again for all your kind words. I read them over and over.

Tonight, my sleeping bag catches a break from my smelly self.

Hygiene Report:
On the agenda? Not yet happened....but most likely a shower, shave my legs, and wash my hair 6 times. Then...clean clothes. What more could I ask for. Oh yeah, I WILL be brushing my teeth inside tonight.
Hope your Friday was wonderful!
Cyndi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you had a great day!! And I'm so glad you get the luxury of a hotel tonight!! Thanks for the awesome updates!! It gives me something to look forward to reading every night! And morning! Keep up the high spirits!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful day 3!! Loving the pics you are posting! <3