Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 25 - Lots of miles to cover

Thank you, Bel Air motel in Vaughn, New Mexico. This is a very old motel, with bathroom tile that reminds me of my grandmother's bathroom tile when I was in third grade. The furnace made it feel like a warm cabin. And the clean carpets made the room fresh as a daisy. This was all a welcome retreat from the rain yesterday! 
Today, we are going to Fort Sumner, and at the halfway point there, it will be a total of 1000 miles, which means we are one third of the way complete in our journey! There will be nothing to stop at in between Vaughn and Fort Sumner. It's 56 miles of back country US 60. So far, two trucks have passed us. We are out here alone, with the cows. Our carts are full of supplies for the day, and we are prepared for what is to come. Even if it means more rain. There is a motel in Fort Sumner awaiting our arrival. Mr Gonzalez at the Coronado motel in Fort Sumner knows we will be there late.
My legs seem to be getting stronger as I go, and some days I'm able to run much more than other days. The terrain is a big factor, as well as the weather.
Have a wonderful Saturday! We'll talk again when I am in Fort Sumner, 
Cyndi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on completing 1000 miles and 1/3 of the journey! Such an accomplishment!!
And you get to change to new shoes. :)