Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 14 - Miami and Globe

The day started off with a bang! Straight out of the cozy motel to instant climbing. I hardly seemed awake. Luckily, the traffic is not bad that early, and most people are not coming into Superior, anyway. They are probably heading into work in Miami or Globe.
We climbed for miles, some deep grades. I could really feel it. When we arrived at the "top", it was once again, wonderful! Today, the grade was steeper, and the effort was increased. So I was a little more exhausted, esp after yesterday's efforts still lingering. I enjoyed looking around, watching the sunrise, and enjoying the journey. It was a "relaxing" day from there on out. It's not over yet, but going through Miami and Globe was pleasant. Lots of choices of food and supplies. I was even tempted to get my nails done, but decided against it. It would hide the dirt that accumulates under my nails, but then I would need to "tend" to them later, and that can't be predictable on the road.
We are resting now, and about to continue on US60 where it hits 70.
We will continue on from there, knowing there is nothing out there for a long time. We have stocked up on supplies for a couple of days.....just in case. We will be camping out tonight, and most likely tomorrow night. There's one thing I can be sure of - the cellular service is spotty. So my communications will be here and there as available.
I'm sending this early, as I know once we begin to leave Globe, I may - or may not - be sending another update for a bit.
Sorry to make it short and sweet (well, I don't know about sweet?!), but we are heading back on the road.
Happy Hump day tomorrow!!
Cyndi

No comments: