Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Day 29 - What a difference a day makes

I've had a few of these "perfect" days. Today is included in that category. These days stand as reminders of the true enjoyment of the trek. The weather, the shoulders, the route, the terrain and feeling great. It all adds up to a relaxing day on the road. Total mileage will end up somewhere around 45. I'm still on my way, heading to Amarillo. We are detouring through 2590, down Rockwall St over to Georgia St. That will then take us into Amarillo, and to a running store, Get Fit. After I get there, and get settled, I can tell you what's in my box/package that Gates sent me. And new running shoes are in my future there, too! I'm very excited!
Before then, as I make my way there, I will be talking to Ms. Hernard's 2nd grade class who have been following me faithfully. They always have fun questions for me!! I look forward to that at 2pm today.
I have already had the opportunity to talk to my super-caring sister, Sheryl, my sweet daughter, Lauren, as well as my BFF, hubby and caretaker of 3 rambunctious dogs, David!
I will report more later as my day progresses into the evening.

Thanks, Gates, for out route today to Amarillo!!
Cyndi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in awe of how far you've gone! I just can't even imagine! I'm so excited to hear what's in the care package! I bet those kids in her class have so many questions! Your so sweet to take the time to video communicate with them! Hope you get your new shoes today!! And also hope you have more beautiful days to come!!

Unknown said...

I can just see you smiling all the way to Amarillo today.....I could hear how happy you were this morning on the phone! What a fun day....with visiting with the class and then getting new shoes!