Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 1 - LA area

What an interesting day it has been. We started this morning at 7 AM and it has been a long and slow pace through LA. There are lots of lights, traffic, turns, and unique people in the city of LA.
There is an abundance of homeless people, graffiti, and unusual living situations on the side of the road. But I guess I'm one to talk. I think I may look like one of them. We were offered money today, so that's always a wake up call.
Today was a day of getting used to pushing the cart, and navigating through the directions and busy city. It won't be long before we will be camping out for the night. We expect to get early start in the morning, and enjoy the sunrise and cool breeze.
Hygiene report:
No shower today. I will brush my teeth. And that is probably it for tonight.
Mileage report:
We will most likely complete approx 35 miles today.
We expect to do a little more running tomorrow, now that we have gotten used to the weight of the carts.
More tomorrow,
Cyndi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hygiene report!! I'm so excited for you guys! We are all cheering you on at the Bridge!! Miss you!
Love, Kim H.

Unknown said...

LA definitely sounds like it was an adventure! Thanks for the update...look forward to watching and supporting you! You are such an inspiration!
Have a great day 2!!