Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 8 - Arizona!

To recap, yesterday we arrived in Parker, Arizona late last night. The motel stay was much needed. We even slept in a little today (5:30am, oh my). Then we were off and running again. We decided to have a short day - 35 miles today - since we did 50 yesterday. We are still in the desert, if you will, and will be for some time. The last few days we were in a potion of it where there was no "services" (food, water, gas, cell coverage, or anything, really). Not even power lines, fences or people living out there. Very desolate. Now, it's still desert......just towns here and there to get food and drink from. And that's a wonderful thing! We will have one more stretch here in Arizona where by it will be around 90 miles without services. Note: I've never gone days without washing my hands like that. Nurses just don't do that.
Today was a "easy" day. No real climbs, no complications (police stopping us....again), no carrying 3 gallons of water, just taking our time. Stopping when we want. I quit taking pictures because they all look the same as the last 150 miles. Don't get me wrong, it's very lovely, there's just a lot of it! I did notice the mountains in Arizona are a bit different than in California. They are lower and kinda flat on top. There's probably a name for them. I just don't know it.
We are camping out tonight. Not even sure what tomorrow will bring yet, but we'll wait and see.

Fun facts after my first week:
1) Many California people have see my white hiney on the side of the road. I'm so sorry.
2) I have not cried.......yet
3) I take far less ibuprofen than when we first started.
4) I've never had sunburned knuckles before like I do now.
5) RV drivers should be trained further on how to operate their vehicles.
On a scale of 1-10, it goes like this:
18-wheeler drivers get a 10. Good job, guys! You make a hard job look easy.
RV drivers get a  -1. They think they can handle it, but I now know better.
6) The one thing that makes me smile is when my front tire on my stroller is aligned straight.

Lastly, Hygiene Report:
Sadly, no shower tonight. And I'm not even brushing my teeth either. (I did this morning though, if that counts). My feet are holding up pretty well. Reflexology is in my future. Far off future.

Happy Hump Day! Which reminds me, I find I don't keep up with the days of the week well. Kinda like retirement......every day is Saturday, except for Sunday, of course.

See you tomorrow!
Cyndi
Who has her mace beside her tonight. When I pottied earlier, I looked down and noticed some tracks that looked iffy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your fun facts!!

Hope the police are not giving you too much of a hard time......just ask them if they ever watched Forest Gump...lol!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. :) You are always in our thoughts/prayers!