Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day 28 - I'll call this "a day off"

My Spot Tracking Device is happy it doesn't have to spend another day in a Baggie. After two days in a row, living in a Baggie, I realize how much "heat" the device puts off. It created some moisture in with it, and since the rain was so hard, I couldn't really leave much "breathing" room for it. But it's ready to rock n roll today in the crisp, cool air. I'm glad it survived.......I need it!
Friona rates up in the top three of my favorite towns. I've really enjoyed my stay, but it's time to pack up and head out to Hereford. No rain (yet), just cold, crisp air in the 30's. Do-able, for sure. My cart explosion (things are hanging everywhere in my motel room drying out), will be packed back up like new. I will not begin my short trek to Hereford until 8:30am. I slept in, and will take my time packing my cart back up. The weather was so bad yesterday, John got stuck in one town back (Bovina). He and I will meet in Hereford later today. We will stay in a motel and re-group about our plan to get around Amarillo. I don't have details on that, yet.
I would like to thank everyone for their concern. It's so touching. I would like to also thank 1) my rain suit, 2) my feet, 3) FreeRide Bike Co for my awesome tires/tubes, and 4) for the wind to blow all this bad weather away from me.
I know rains will come around again. The next time, I hope the temperature is warmer, as that makes the rain more tolerable. Hard to say, though. Wishful thinking.
I'm just so happy to have traveled this far. It feels good to be in the state of Texas. It's nice to be watching the news, and see Texas weather and Texas things. Very comforting!
Better get my cart back together and head out.
More later,
Cyndi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy you are in Texas....even if we do not get to see you before you move on. :) Enjoy your Texas time!