Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 4 - And it's not over yet !

How many cool things can I see in a day? It seems so long ago, this morning, when I changed both tires and tubes on two of my tires. The road is not kind to my stroller.

I digress. Cool things.....yes, I cannot put into words what I did today. It started out early on a dirt trail. Which took us from Banning, towards our next destination. I was concerned about pushing that cart through a dirt/rock path, in the dark.....but somehow I did it. Turns out, that was only a taste of what was to come. We ended up traveling much of the way on dirt roads. It took us through wind farms filled with thousands of turbines. Truly amazing!!! Up a mountain we would go, then down. It's so breathtaking, I can't even put it in words, to do it justice.
Then, after trail blazing, we came to CA 62 (which we will stay on until Arizona). This highway took us up a mountain, then led us to Monrongo Valley. I've never climbed mountains like this, and I loved it, no matter how tough it was.
The rest of the evening is up in the air. It's 10.8 miles to Yucca Valley. I bet we start that way, and then "wild camp" (new term for me) when we are ready to sleep. I'm looking forward to the sleeping bag thing again. I kinda like doing that.
I don't know what the rest of today will bring, but I'm ready for whatever it might be. Every day is new and different. It's just like a adventure every day. I'm beginning to forget what day of the week it is.
Better go stock up on some supplies. I've got to be ready for whatever is ahead!

More later,
Cyndi


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the pics from today and your update!

Sleeping under the turbines might make for restful sleep if they "hum"! (Or are they really noisy due to their size?)