Monday, April 13, 2015

Night 12, Start of Day 13 - Heading to Superior, Arizona

Last night in Mesa was magical. I walked to a nearby Mexican food place, and had a quesadilla, then showered, and prepped for the following day. I did turn the TV on, and although there was no Big Bang Theory on, I decided to watch the local "Mesa" channel that talks about things to do here, about the city in general. You know, the channel nobody really watches, yet I found it informative. And comforting, mostly. Mesa is so neat! I went through the downtown area yesterday, and it is artsy, creative, and endearing. Despite the homeless man who ran after me after I happen to run by him. Not sure what he was thinking, but it didn't seem good. Mesa is also a powerhouse for RV sales. Literally, Lots and Lots of them. So many dealerships, it's amazing they all stay in business. But they do! Lots of retirees here make that happen.
My motel last night was nice. Only 53.00 for the night! What a deal. It was the best nights sleep I've had since I began this trek. I'm beginning to be able to relax at night now. Taking care of myself, doing the miles, caring for my cart and ensuring I have supplies, is a full-time job! But I've gotten better at it, and hope to continue so, as I move along.
So today, as we pass through Apache Junction (which I really liked!!), we head a few more miles and pickup US60 again. That will take us climbing mountains today. And hopefully end up (about 40 miles total) in Superior. We may or may not make that with the climbing ahead, but we will sure try. We are a little slow this morning so far because we have quite a headwind. That's okay, we'll get there eventually. That's the best part, we just keep moving, and every step is positive.
We are not sure of our accommodations tonight, but I can tell you there's a small motel in Superior, and then again, we have our sleeping bags. So either way, we will be just fine!
Onward and upward!
Happy Monday,
Cyndi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just checked your "spot" and looks like you made it to Superior and maybe the motel??
Get some rest - sounds like a day with headwinds and big climbs!
I smile everytime you mention you found a place to get a quesadilla.....as we know that is both of our favorites! You like the guacamole but I prefer the salsa. :)