Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Day and Night 29 - In my comfort zone

What a grand day! The road from Hereford to Amarillo was smooth. Lots of open road. Also, in a effort to always stay off the interstate, we took a little detour which will put us right back on us60 in the morning. Gates, running friend from way back, RunOn Guru, and knowing one of all people who run (yes, I think you know all runners in the DFW area!), set me up, first, with the route today. It was perfect! Smooth and easy. It also took me directly to the Get Fit running store in Amarillo, where he sent a Care Package to me. I arrived there to be greeted by Karen (also race director of Palo Dura 50, 50k and half marathon). She excitedly invited me in the store to sit down and have some water. She introduced me to Jason and Gabe, who were so kind and friendly. And her super-cute daughter!!! She brought me my "box". As I begin to open it, it was a bit overwhelming! So much good stuff!! Hats, lots of great socks, shirts, lip balm, body glide, nuun (electrolyte tablets), some Little Debbie treats, and my special bonus......my new Altra's! I love it all! I changed shoes this past week, but may not be able to resist the temptation to wear these tomorrow. With my new socks, of course. We took some pictures, talked a bit, then it was time to head to the hotel (just across the street!). Jason was kind enough to drop the box off to the front desk there for me. Thank you, Jason! I told everyone "thank you, thank you!" and headed over to the Holiday Inn. After I checked in and put my stuff up, I went back across the street (cart-less, which is always nice. Makes me feel more normal). I had a (surprise) quesadilla at a Mexican food restaurant. I sat down there, ordered, and ate it there. Very relaxing. 
This was a lot happening after my miles today. It really lifted my spirits, and I enjoyed visiting with the folks at Get Fit. Thanks for treating me so well! And Gates, I just can't thank you enough. I really appreciate it. 
But I had one other fun activity today! I had a FaceTime call with Ms Hernard's 2nd grade class. They are so excited and fascinated about my crossing the U.S. They are convinced I'm going to be famous. It's so cute.  I just LOVE their energy!! They are super excited with a thousand questions. They asked some really great questions, too. I always get bubbly, excited inside when I know I'm going to get to talk to them. The way they look at things is unique, and I enjoy talking to them so very much. It will be ongoing, so I'll get to talk to them again next week. They have a map, and are following faithfully. 
Tomorrow, we go to Panhandle, Tx, and stay at the Budget Inn there. After this Holiday Inn stay tonight, I'll have to readjust to the motel-thing again. 
Hygiene Report:
I showered, and it was so clean and nice. The room is fancy, the bed, perfection. I think I'll start a little later in the morning just so I can soak up some of this luxury. 
Looks like the nice weather will continue. Oh my goodness, I'm so glad!
I'm ready for my next day. But for now, look forward to a good nights rest.
Nightie Nite,
Cyndi

2 comments:

Kawika said...

What a perfect day!!

Unknown said...

I love your smile in your Instagram picture from the running store (Get Fit)!! So fun to meet new running friends along with a care package of goodies (and some of your favorites, I bet).

I think it is so awesome that Ms Hernard's class is tracking your progress and visiting with you via FaceTime! And I bet those kids keep you on your toes with their questions!