Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Missing them

I awoke this morning, to a cool 52 degrees, and not wanting to leave my sleeping bag. I also awoke to the thoughts of my family. I always do. 
David is back home in Gunter, on our farm.  He's taking care of our 3 donkeys, 3 lambs, 6 chickens, 5 (barn and house) cats, and 4 dogs. I miss him terribly. I appreciate all he's doing while I'm away, moving down Route 1. That's my 'job' each day. Yet, he's working, at work and at home. There's always things to do at home. Buy more feed, clean out stalls, make sure everybody has food, and those are just the basics. There's fence mending, mowing and so much more. There's never a dull moment there! I have some good chicken news. It appears all 6 chickens are laying eggs now. Our 4 newest baby chickens have grown into beautiful pullets, and are laying. David can gather 6 eggs a day, although not everyone lays an egg/day, most of them do. I know he'll be sharing some of these eggs, or baking more, or both.
Then there's the issue of the lambs eating the dog's food. And the automatic cat feeder showing an 'error', and a mouse behind the refrigerator, and the list goes on. 
Keep up the good work, honey! I appreciate all you do, and love you with all my heart. Thanks for being my biggest cheerleader! And for doing everything while I'm away. Sacrifice is hard, but is essential to this type of trip I chose. My heart aches every day, and I always look forward to hearing his voice and talking to him whenever possible during the day. 
And my sweet daughter, Lauren. She moved to Durango, CO, a year ago now. She took a job as a librarian at the Fort Lewis College Reed Library. I'm so very proud of her. She graduated Grad school, moved to another state and started her new job. I miss you sweetie! I think of you everyday, and wish I could hug your neck right now. 
These are my two favorite-est people, I love them dearly, and miss them with an ache I cannot even explain. Thank you both for supporting me, loving me for me, and always being there. 
I'll be back soon.
All my love.
Lava ewe two sew much,
Cyndi/Mama

1 comment:

Kawika said...

You'retheBomb.com!!!
Lava ewe too!