Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day - 15 New Hampshire soon

There's camping, and there's KOA. That's what they tell me. It's pretty fancy here. It's like an amusement park, but yet a campground. Swimming pool, hot tub, bikes, volleyball, you name it, and they have it. The laundry room is wonderful! There's a swing to relax in while you wait for your laundry. No detail is overlooked. There's a cafe onsite, plenty of individual showers, and restrooms like they have at Buckee's. They have Kabins with a K (all were full), and I had a tent site with electricity and water, and a picnic table I slept on. It's all very nice. And easy. Easy is a good word for it. The employees are bubbly and helpful. It's just been a good experience here. I'll definitely look for more KOA 's. They aren't cheap anymore, though. You pay for this nice camp experience. Still a lot cheaper than a motel. The only difference is you sleep outside. Other than that, KOA is on it.
So how do I shower, do laundry and such? I have one hand towel, a bottle of Suave shampoo, and cleaning wipes. Suave shampoo can be used for everything....to wash your hair, your body, your face and your clothes. It's .88 cents of goodness. I bought these all at the Dollar Store after I realized how much camping was going to be involved. These things are obviously not provided, and having them makes everything better - and more normal. You can only dry off with paper towels in the bathroom for so long. It's tedious. I may or may not have done that. So when I shower, those are the only supplies I need, and my toothbrush of course. It's s minimalist life. Everything I need, I push along with me. What item have I used the most? Unexpectedly, my yoga mat. It's great for everything! I'm so glad I have it.
I awoke this morning to a cool 58 degrees. Perfect for camping! John made it in last night, and we have a goal of getting to Kittery today. About 37-38 miles. I've made a motel reservation there, and always look forward to sleeping in a bed. New Hampshire will be just down the road after that. It's been around 540 miles here in Maine. Who knew?!
I'm going to go roll my sleeping bag up, brush my teeth, and get ready for my day.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

I'll see you later, down the road,
Cyndi

No comments: