Sunday, August 13, 2017

Day 13 - Turn of Events

Despite every blessing, things are not always rainbows, butterflies and unicorns. I was in the perfect place last night. On a covered porch of a Veterinarian Clinic. It was well lit, yet well concealed, close to the highway, and just down the way for a McDonald's coffee in the morning. I had settled on my spot for the night, put my sleeping bag out, and got a text from John saying he couldn't get there, and had to stop. Since all motels, Inn's and B&B's are full along the Atlantic Coast Highway (for the most part), he did find a motel that put up a rollaway bed in a back room for him. They even let him shower, and he seemed better after settling in there. He's back in Waldosboro, and our plans are to meet back up soon. I was apprehensive to sleep outside like that by myself last night. I had no choice really, as I called the few local motels and such in Damariscotta, all full. "Good luck to you", they would say as they hung up. My faith will see me through this.
I ended up sleeping well, as yesterday was a really rough day (for both John and I). I set my alarm to get up, and was sound asleep when it went off. The temperature was perfect for outdoor 'camping ', and turns out, no rain. I could have slept for many more hours like that. But McDonald's coffee was awaiting me. Gotta go! I packed what few things I had unpacked, and headed down the road. No fog, nice! It's very damp in the air, but overall, just right. Everything feels damp. My sleeping bag, my clothes. No worries, it's not a big deal. Breakfast is complete, I brush my teeth in their bathroom, and I'm off again, feeling brand new and oh-so-thankful for all this around me. I have everything I need.
For now though, I am headed to Brunswick to stay with Larry and Ellen. That will be a wonderful retreat! I should find out how John is feeling after awhile. I imagine I'll wait for him sometime tomorrow. He already said he won't make it to my friends tonight. So probably tomorrow we'll sync up our schedules. Portland is down the pipeline of cities coming up. I checked there....motels booked up like crazy. So I went ahead and made a reservation at a KOA for Monday night, so I'll have a "sure" place to stay. It's around there John and I should get back on track.
Everyday is such a new and different experience. Almost like waking up and it's Christmas! I'll see what today brings.
Enjoy your beautiful Sunday,
Cyndi

No comments: