Monday, June 8, 2015

Night 68, Going into Day 69......Traveling at night

Its just after 5 am here. I could not sleep last night after church. I could not quit thinking about these mountains, so I made a decision to tackle it over night. I've been afraid of the trucks, buses and cars. Would I stay facing traffic.....or go with traffic? I'm happy to report there was virtually NO traffic. I had my lights, and there was either a shoulder (small) or passing lane!! The pushing was not as bad as I thought. Just time consuming. I remember it from Calf, Arizona and New Mexico. It's doable, it's just that I haven't had to do this in a long time. I'm now at a conv store just before Hico. I'm not sure what to do. Stay here? Go on to Rainelle? It's still dark, and I've stressed myself enough with being out in the dark. I was more worried about wild animals last night, than vehicles. I'm going to wait til it gets light, and decide what to do. My leg is "okay". It's going to be unhappy, and I can't fix it right now. I just have to deal with it. I probably need to think about what I should do. I tried to get my satellite to pick up, over and over, but in the thick mountains, it wouldn't. Even at clearing areas, I tried 2-3 times. You'd think it would, because it's supposed to be able to 'save you' when your out in the middle of nowhere. But looking back, I'm glad it didn't, because I know my family would not have approved of my travel decision. 

I'm going to re-look at the weather, and figure out what my next plan is. I'll let you know! I'm safe inside for now.
Cyndi


No comments: