Sunday, June 21, 2015

First Day Back Home in Texas

"First"........That reminds me, after my first day back in my home, with my family, dogs and all my "belongings" I've missed, there were a lot of "first" things going on yesterday:
First time in 78 days I........

Put almond milk in my coffee
Rode in a car, everywhere I went
Made my own quesadilla
Went grocery shopping, for a household, not a cart
Did not put 1 band aid on my feet
Put my ring and necklace back on, that I wear at all times
Blog on my Mac, instead of on my phone
Did not charge any lights or solar chargers
Did not put a towel down in the shower to stand on
Slept in my own bed.......feeling completely safe
Cooked in a kitchen, my own kitchen
Resisted the temptation of 'night eating'

There were many "first" yesterday, and will be more tomorrow. Yet, I am enjoying them. I flew home on Friday evening, and Saturday was my first full day at home. I awoke Saturday morning early. Imagine that. I had the urge to be busy. I started by cleaning the house, shaving the dogs (their fur had grown to a shaggy-state, and I'm the clipper-er-of-dogs in the household), and then just general organization of my things. Where is my hair straightener? Where did I put this.....or that? The grass in the yard desperately needed mowing and edging. David had been gone almost a week, so it was time to mow. I started the mower, while David did the edging. Mowing was comforting......just like pushing my cart. I actually enjoy the mowing, a lot. After that, there were things around the yard that needed disposing of. Old hoses, old dog beds, old outdoor mats, and misc things. We loaded them up in David's new truck. It's a 68 Chevy, with a new engine - and completely re-done. We went, in it, to dump our things in a dumpster. Success! While we were out and about, we went grocery shopping. How fun! It was like shopping to stock a new kitchen. There were lots of 'David-things' in the kitchen/refridg, but no 'Cyndi-things'. I used to be a master at going to the grocery store, and getting what we need. But yesterday, I really had to think about it. It was a little frustrating for me, as I'm out of my groove. But fun, at the same time, as I work my way back into my real life.
I came back home (the truck was fun, new and different - I like it!), and cleaned out the old food from the fridge (that was bad), and loaded in the new. Now, I'll cook lunch! Where's the pans? This type of thing continued all day. I want to do A.......now where is B? I was re-orienting myself to my own things. I continued my nesting around the house, and decided I should shower, as we are going to meet my daughter, Lauren, at 5:30. Another first? After showering, I put on some mascara, and a little make-up. There I am! I actually liked myself with no makeup, which was surprising to me. Or maybe I just liked the freedom of it. None the less, we went to see Lauren, at her work, then have dinner with her. It was SO good to see her! She looked more beautiful than I can put into words. She will be coming over on Sunday to spend time at the house. She, and her boyfriend, Alex, will hang out with us, while David BBQ's and I do some cooking. I'm looking forward to that!
I needed to clarify something I wrote in a prior blog, "Issues I'm Working On". My #1 Issue, was to try and not keep bring up my trip.....over and over.  I think I did not relay what my true intentions were. I LOVE talking about my trip! If you would like to talk about it, too, I would LOVE that!! I will answer all questions, and discuss anything you'd like too, regarding it. My issue for myself was, not to keep bringing it up, over and over, so that it monopolizes every conversation. You know those types of situations? Where someone keeps talking about something you don't want to? So my goal is to have appropriate conversations about it - when others desire that. And when it's time to stop talking about it, for me, to do so. Finding that balance is my goal. So please, "ask" away, let's talk about it. I find what other's remember - and ask about - very interesting. Everyone looks at it from a different perspective, and it opens my eyes to how you saw - and lived - it. I really like that.
I better go nest some more. Can't seem to do that enough. I continue to resist the urge to go on a run. I know I need to let my body recover.  
Happy Father's Day!!
Cyndi



No comments: