Saturday, June 13, 2015

Day 74 - David will arrival later...

After ending up at the Amherst Motel last night, I was fortunate they had a room. I did have to back track to it, but not far. The rain came just as I arrived. Then the thunder, but I did not see any lightening. It drizzled for awhile last night, and I was glad to be safe and dry. 
Hygiene Report:
I showered last night, and boy, did I need it! I washed my clothes in the shower with me. That doesn't get them fresh-smelling anymore. But it gets most of the sweat and dirt out. I really did not want to see David today completely disgusting. It will be just "one" days sweat on me, instead of two. 
This leads me to Saturday morning. I head out the door early, and realize my "security" of car and truck noise is not there to scare the bears. I'm scared and re-thinking my decision. At least I won't "see" the bear before it gets me? I comfort myself with the knowledge that daylight will come, but I don't know if that really helped or not?! 
There's wetness in the air. It's so wet and humid outside, that it seems as if it's raining off of the trees hanging over the road. I feel wet drops, but it's not from the sky. My hands are wet, everything is. This doesn't really bother me, but it does seem to make it like a rain forest, and with that are flying bugs of all kinds! My best purchase in Amherst yesterday? Bug spray. It only keeps them lessened. They are thick in the valleys. (I'm still going up and down out here). I keep the spray near me, and zap them when need be. 
David will be here later today. I'm guessing around 4 pm? It gives me a chance to get many miles in before he arrives. 
I've decided to keep my cart on the road with me, with most of my supplies, while he is here, awaiting my finish. It's my security, my protection, as cars see it first (bright yellow cover).  Who wants to hit a baby stroller?! 
On the road today, I smell pine and lumber. These are the smells we "pay" for at the store, to spray in our homes. The logging trucks are out early, making their loads back and forth to the multiple paper mills I see. I'm cautious getting off the road due to snakes. 
It's going to be another day of sweatiness, that's for sure. I don't mind. (I drink lots of water). It's those around me that probably are not fond of my smelly self. 
Through tired legs, a fussy right shin, and new blisters.....I keep moving. It's just too beautiful not too. I've been toying with this concept of having to leave the road when I finish. I'm glad I have a few more days to work through it. I'm just going to miss it so much. 
Cyndi

No comments: