Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 71

How can I possibly leave The Greenbriar?? I have to, I must stay focused on my trek. I am now well-rested, extremely well-rested, actually. My clothes are cleaner than they've been in 70 days, I'm well fed, and I got some gifts!!! They gave me a Greenbriar hat and t-shirt (which I wore to dinner). My leg has been cared for, and I'm ready for my day. Holly clarified my detour for me (last night), so I feel comfortable with my route. Since US 60 blends with the interstate, there's different roads we must take. Multiple turns, and I need to know what I'm doing. There is no cell service out there. None. I cannot rely on my phone's maps or internet. 
My goal is to get to Covington, and continue on to Low Moor, with more detours. I plan on staying at the Oak Tree Inn. 
These are some trying times for me, as I'm not familiar with these roads and turns. I miss my US60. But I'll get it back in a day or so. 
The benefit of it, is the quiet of these back roads. Love, love, love it! Not as much traffic, and lush, green land to admire. It's been favorite environment- even though it's not my "normal" route. The serenity of it trumps  everything. Did I mention how much I'm enjoying it!? And......I'm in Virginia!!
More later,
Cyndi 

No comments: