Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 62 - Mount Sterling

Wow, those short, few miles were unpleasant. It's cold rain today. Both John and I will not be going far in it today. He said he's going to go 25 miles. My 16 (or so) are way more than I desired.
I've thought about it, and decided I'm going to go LONG tomorrow, as long as it's not raining. I need to, as this weather is hard on me. And I do well when the sky is clear. So I'm going to use my strengths to my advantage. Even if it means going 60 miles. It's worth it to me.
The weather tomorrow looks clear of rain, so I might as well put in as many miles as I can before Wednesday. That's when the rain returns. I know I sound like a broken record. But rain, no shoulder, rumble strips, and cars flying by do not mix well. So I'm going to have to move as far as I can - when a better situation presents itself.
I'm in Mount Sterling. They have everything around here! I m just being fussy, and not wanting to wander back out in it for recreational purposes. But with a long day (possibly) tomorrow, I will go get the things I need. I think later on today it will start to clear up.
Thanks for bearing with me while I have all my electronic devices put up in a Baggie inside my cart. The pouring rain makes me nervous with my phone and satellite tracker, in particular. I need those things to be operational, and I protect them well. Even if it means I don't use them here and there. They are safe from the precipitation, when need be.
My cart received a nice "washing" today. I had double packed all my clothes, sleeping bag, etc. I really appreciate the dry days!
I'm blessed to be done for today. I would have a "melt down" if I really had to be in this all day. It's tough. When John is going short in it, I know it's not good.
I'm staying at the Days Inn in Mount Sterling. I'm not quite there yet, as I stopped close by to dry out a minute, and see if the rain will ease up.
For motivation tomorrow, I made a reservation at the Super 8 in Grayson. I'm going to try really hard to get there. After that day, it's going to be tougher to make good miles again for a few days. The weather forecast could change....and that would be nice. And maybe too good to be true. You know me, always hopeful.
Cyndi

1 comment:

Kawika said...

Next to me, you're the most hopeful person I know! Good luck tomorrow and be safe. - XOXO