Sunday, June 7, 2015

Day 68 - Back on the Road Again!

Good Sunday Morning! I'm excited to say I'm heading to Gauley Bridge. My leg is better, renewed, and ready for the day. I'm looking forward to the day, the beauty, the town's along the river, and enjoying the weather. I'm adjusting my pace, as I'm taking it down a notch. I have close to 40 miles to go today, and would like to do so with minimal impact to my leg. I'm excited, because I looked at the next four days travel plans, and for those who like to project (as I do), here's my tenative plan:
Sunday: Gauley Bridge
Monday: Lookout
Tuesday: Rainelle
Wednesday: White Sulphur Springs
I'm hoping that keeping Monday and Tuesday as shorter milage days (in the mountains) will enable me to get to White Sulphur Springs. And so close to Virginia. Things change - like the weather, the terrain, and myself. So, I know this is a fluid plan, with options to change. But I'm hopeful that it will all work out just "right". My whole life on the road for these past 68 days have been ever-changing. I've done fairly well with that concept, and having Plan A.....and Plan B....on any given day, allows me flexibility. And room to figure things out when need be. I've been so blessed in this adventure, that I feel as if I can't tell everyone 'thank you' enough. Just know how grateful I am for everything. It's been thousands of miles now, and these remaining miles are precious. I want to enjoy every minute, enjoy everyone I meet, and be 'in the moment '. I look forward to what is in each and every day that remains.
I utilized my time in Charleston as best as I could. The Embassy Suites served as a wonderful location to revive, rest, ice my leg, and take good care of myself. It was an investment I had - and needed - to make. I hope my investment pays off. If not, my leg will owe me.....big time. I missed being out on the road for that day, and it was a hard decision. Most people would think "just enjoy it"! But my enjoyment comes from being on US60 - and moving, meeting people, and just looking around. I feel like that 2 yr old who doesn't want to go to bed/sleep, because of what they might "miss out" on. That was me......I was missing out on what's outside, what's happening without me there?!

John called last night, as we check on each other. He's hanging in there. He said he's in Kentucky, but will get into West Virginia today! Yay!

Let's go enjoy our Sunday. I have lots to see and do today. And, getting to Gauley Bridge is my plan. Then church service at 7 pm, with Pastor Charles, and his friends. What did I do to deserve all this greatness? I'm so excited!
Cyndi

No comments: