Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day 78 Begins

This is it. I will head out the motel door today for Virginia Beach. Sheryl will be by my side. I really appreciate her being with me! There are still many miles to cover, and having a companion is priceless, esp your own sister. For her to come out, and get on the side of the road, and run more miles than she ever has, is not easy. Thank you!
My other reward is having David, as my crew, to guide me with the route, mention turns, and provide much-needed drink and food support. My last couple of days on the road have been easy. He's been there, to make sure I have what I need. He's thinks of things ahead of time, and this allows me to focus on getting down the road, and enjoy the things around me more. It's been a small adjustment, as I'm used to "taking care of me". The team approach is a perfect ending to this journey. What more could I ask for?! Thank you, sweetie! You are the best crew ever.
I talked to John last night. He was planning on arriving in Powhatan last night. He wants to finish in under 80 days, and may need to go overnight, the last night, to do so. I can hear it in his voice, he's looking forward to these last few days. He gave me advice on the route, and areas where he may deviate from US60 here and there. He says that once I hit the Boardwalk in Virginia Beach, whether it's at 80th St or 39th St......I can touch the water and will have gone coast to coast. Beach to Beach. I'm not sure this morning where I will consider my actual "stopping" point. I'll probably decide once I get there, and see just that "right" spot. That will be a fun decision today! US60 ends at the end of the Boardwalk, and I can pick anywhere along there to HOP in the water!! It's going to be a fantastic moment to share with David and Sheryl.
What will I do after that? At this time, I'm really not sure?! I'll want to eat a good meal, shower, get my hair cut, and walk around Virginia Beach. I've heard many great things about it. I'm looking forward to being in a city - without my cart. Going in a store, without my cart. That's going to be so odd. Like a regular person, again. I'll miss having "my home" with me, all the time. Everything always at my fingertips.
I wanted to say "Hello" to you all before I finish today. We are going to get there together.

Let's go do this,
Cyndi

2 comments:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Wish I could be there!!!!