Sunday, August 4, 2024

Gimme That Good Stuff


Let's glow! Happy August  - it's H.O.T. 

How about we talk about The Farm and the life around it.....



There's no baby donkey yet 😞 what what




Pippa is getting uncomfortable and moving
slowly. Let's do this, Pippa!

I can just barely see you back there,
but I know you're there, Poppy 🫏




Oh, and I found a stray


While she was with us for a week, we
named her Blossom 💔

Wishing I never checked for a microchip....


Mia was claimed and went back to her home after the vet checked her for a chip. You'd think that would be a happy ending and good thing.....but I will say I'm very worried that I sent her back 'home'. More on that later.....


In other news, line dancing is going well! Every Thursday evening at Calhoun's ✅ with Anne, Carla, Jolene (and other friends 😉) My favorite? Shivers. Search it up.


Look! There's a road to where the Cannon house will eventually be....





This is new. Employee of the Month began in July.....

Who will August be?


Of course it's Veronica

And Venmo is accepted and used regularly now


Sadly, turns out Olive doesn't like Slash Day at her school. 


Every photo from the school that day, she 
was crying


I did take the kids to the 
natatorium and they both loved it.
The 3 of us had a blast!

No slashing please

Checking it out first.....
then had the time of his life, made friends,
and played til he couldn't play anymore


Brooks and I also had a hiking trip recently


Adventurous one, he is 

He loved the hiking trails and learned all about the yellow
trail and the blue trail. We'll try the others next time.



Eggciting news! The roosters are all re-homed and I'm left with the hens (from the chicks Ryan had brought home from his elementary school) 


They grew up fast

Some of these boys are now at a boys-only home
#noboysallowedhere
except for you, Paul The Turkey



Seems there's always activity happening around here whether it's with the little humans or farm animals or family and friends. Everything is right with the world and for that we are blessed beyond measure. And we'll get through the heat of summer. We will.


And me? Let's talk....

The evolution and liberation of me, myself and I continues. I've read some really great books lately such as Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft, and It's My Life Now by Meg Dugen. And though these books are seriously helpful and insightful (along with therapy), I have to say I really enjoyed the fictional dark comedy titled The Best Way To Bury Your Husband by Alexia Casale - which was fan-freaking-tastic. Whether you've been touched by verbal or emotional abuse in your life, or know someone who has - these books are a must-read. 
I'm healing, and learning that there's blessings in the breaking. Sometimes you gotta pick up all the pieces and put that puzzle back together again. Differently this time. After all, you are going to piss a lot of people off when you start doing what's best for you. 
Do it anyway 💪
Cyndi



We’re gonna miss you, Becky ❤️



Her motto was placed on her
going away gift:
We don’t do that here. 
You’re my inspiration.

No comments: